We are already living with flooding and extreme weather – we need to act now to improve our infrastructure and transition to renewable energy like offshore wind power. We all want a state that’s cleaner, healthier, and more fair. Offshore wind power is key to help us move away from polluting fossil fuels that worsen sea level rise and storms.
Take action for offshore wind that works for our communities. Share this link: opens in a new windownjorganizing.us/NJOPOSW
- Robust stakeholder engagement ensuring that everyone has meaningful access to a seat at the table.
- Stringent wildlife protections and ongoing commitments to research and monitoring.
- Community benefits and small business opportunities that strengthen our neighborhoods.
- Respectful coexistence with other ocean-users, including a guarantee of full access to offshore wind project sites once construction is complete.
- Engagement with underrepresented populations in workforce development and local hire provisions that lead to workforce opportunities
- Creation of good family- supporting jobs with commitments such as project labor agreements, prevailing wage, and union neutrality agreements
- Commitment to Black, Indigenous, People of Color and women-owned business enterprises
- Investment in a low-carbon domestic supply chain